Sunday, September 2, 2007

Colony Collapse Disorder

Starting today, I will begin periodic updates on Colony Collapse Disorder, which is the name given to the mysterious phenomenon that is causing the disappearance of honeybees in sometimes large numbers. As I write this, I am in Spokane, Washington, visiting relatives. I have seen some honeybees, but more of another, darker bee. I grew up in the Yakima Valley, Washington, where honeybees pollenized our apple trees. This is a systemic event if there ever was one. This is just an introductory post, but I will follow up with more. Click on the title of this post to read the most current information from TheDailyGreen.com, which is reporting that Science Magazine will be publishing a paper this week on an initial breakthrough in studies of the problem.

No comments: